The League of Arizona Cities and Towns wants to replace the seven-member Public Safety Personnel Retirement System board, which has only three private-sector members, with an independent body of “qualified experts with fiduciary responsibility” (because the current trustees are not qualified experts and have not acted like fiduciaries).
- 91 cities voted for major changes to the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System
- You have the given authority to appoint new trustees to the seven-member PSPRS board
- Board Chairman and Phoenix Fire Chief Brian Tobin is currently serving month-to-month at your pleasure (expired)
- The following three trustees’ terms expire in January 2016
- Richard Petrenka, previous Republican treasury wonk
- Lauren Kingry, your appointment to the AZ Dept. of Financial Institutions
- Jeff McHenry, Tempe Police Department
- You alone can appoint four new reformers to the PSPRS board of trustees prior to the 2016 legislative session!
- Four reform-minded trustees, a voting majority, could turn PSPRS around!
Make this happen!
Ice Cream For All